Thursday, September 1, 2011

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen


This is a simple, silly picture book with wonderful illustrations. It follows a bear who has lost his hat. He asks the various animals he encounters if they’ve seen his hat, but they say they haven’t. He’s not the most observant bear. This book is almost a combination of Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and Are You My Mother. I know, that’s hard to imagine, but it is fantastic fun. We’ve carried greeting cards by the author/illustrator, and they’re so sweet and compelling we have a hard time keeping them in stock.
Also, did the bear eat that rabbit? Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I read all comments before they post. I don't mind if you disagree with my review as long as you're nice about it.
Thanks,
Lil