Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Press Here by Herve Tullet


When the publisher rep first showed me this book she said, “Don’t just flip through, follow the instructions.” I took her advice and I think I laughed the hardest I've ever laughed over a kid’s picture book. Except that it’s not your usual kid’s picture book. The images are very simple – colored dots painted onto white or black backgrounds – but it’s the activity of it that makes it so much fun. The beginning page is one dot with the instructions below to “Press here and turn the page.” Upon turning the page you see that the one dot has become two. I can’t really do it justice here. I recommend you come in, take a minute, and follow the instructions. I bet you’ll be as enchanted as I was. It’s also a great reminder that “interactive” doesn't have to include a touch screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I read all comments before they post. I don't mind if you disagree with my review as long as you're nice about it.
Thanks,
Lil